Davis PARENTS DO
Welcome. We are parents who seek to educate Davis adults about the realities of drug and alcohol use by our youth.
Davis Parents Do, a part of a district-wide PTA effort, seeks to educate Davis adults about the realities of drug and alcohol use by our youth. Did you know that youth who begin drinking before 15 are 5 times more likely to abuse or become addicted to alcohol later in life than those who begin drinking at or after age 21? National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism.
Here’s what you can do to reduce this problem:
- Take steps to prevent drug and alcohol use by Davis teens.
- Make your expectations known regarding prohibiting alcohol, tobacco and drug use by teens.
- Reject the notion that it is acceptable for teens to experiment with drugs and alcohol.
Please commit to this community effort to reduce substance use by teens and pledge now. Only one pledge per household please.I/We Pledge - Click here to Pledge Now
- To talk to my child(ren) about substance use;
- To not allow teens to possess or consume alcohol, tobacco or other drugs in my home; and
- To discourage my teens from attending unsupervised gatherings or getting into a vehicle with anyone who has been drinking/smoking.
IMPORTANT RECENT STUDY: Click on the CBS News link below to read about the effects of marijuana on you child's I.Q.