Camping Resource DocumentsUp one level
These documents can be used to develop activities for Scout meetings and outings.
- Camping In The Rain
- Rainy weather can put a damper on a trip. Learn ways to prepare for rain so it doesn't ruin your trip.
- Essential Hiking Equipment
- Here is a list of safety and comfort equipment everyone should carry with them during various outings.
- If You Get Lost
- Getting "disoriented" or separated from your group can be scary and stressful for a scout and an adult. Here is some info about what to do if you find yourself "a little lost."
- What To Do When Someone From Your Group Is Missing
- A missing Scout is one of the most stressful events for a Scout leader. Here is a plan to help you deal with this crisis.
- Introduction To Campfire Safety
- Fire building is one of the most essential Scout skills. Check out these ideas for introducing fire safety to you Scouts.
- Slide Hill Park Orienteering Course
- This document gives some basic information about compass reading. It also lays out a basic orienteering course at Slide Hill Park in Davis.
- Sleeping Comfort While You Are Camping
- Here is how to get a little better sleep while camping.