Association Boundaries and Bylaws
The Wildhorse East Neighborhood Association currently represents all of the households in the Wildhorse development that are east of Moore Blvd including: Bearden St, Caravaggio Drive, Henri Ct, Roualt St, Bernini St, Bellows St/Ct, Duchamp St, and Rockwell Dr/Ct east of Moore Blvd. All owners and occupants of these residences are automatically members of the Neighborhood Association.
WILDHORSE EAST NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
July 9, 2008
1. Name - The name of this association is the Wildhorse East Neighborhood Association (hereafter referred to in this document as the Association). It is an unincorporated association and was established on July 9, 2008.
2. Boundaries - The boundaries of the Association are shown in Attachment A, and may be described as follows:
· Both sides of Rockwell Court and Rockwell Drive east of Moore Boulevard on the North
· The north side of East Covell Boulevard on the South
· Both sides of Caravaggio Drive and Caravaggio Place on the East
· The east and south sides of Moore Boulevard and the east side of Wright Boulevard on the West
3. Purpose - The purpose of this Association shall be to work cooperatively with residents of the neighborhood, government agencies and officials, public and civic associations to:
· protect and promote the joint interests of the residents;
· promote the improvement and maintenance of public facilities and services
· encourage community and civic spirit and involvement;
· foster communication, goodwill, and friendship among residents
4. Membership - Membership in the Association shall be open to all residents and owners of any parcel of real property located within the boundaries of the Association as defined above.
5. Dues – There shall be no dues required. The board of directors shall establish such voluntary dues as may be appropriate for carrying on the activities of the Association.
6. Fiscal Year - The fiscal year of the Association shall begin on July 1 of each year and end on June 30 of the following year.
7. Meetings of Members
a. Annual Meeting - The members of the Association shall meet at least once each calendar year for the purpose of electing a board of directors and officers of the Association and taking such other actions as are appropriate. The annual meeting of the Association shall be held at a date, time, and place established by the directors of the Association.
b. Special Meetings - The board of directors or Chair of the Association may call special meetings of the members of the Association.
c. Notice of Meetings - At least five (5) days written notice of any meeting of the members shall be given by mail, personal delivery, telephone, or email to the owner or resident of each parcel of real property in the Wildhorse East Neighborhood. Notices shall state the purpose of the meeting. Under extraordinary circumstances requiring prompt action by the Association, a two-thirds majority of Directors may call a meeting of the members with less notice.
d. Quorum - At any meeting of members, the presence in person or by proxy of the residents or owners of at least fifteen parcels of real property located within the boundaries shall constitute a quorum.
e. Voting - Each parcel of real property shall have one vote at meetings of members. The resident of the parcel present at the meeting shall cast such vote. If the resident of the parcel is a tenant, and the owner of the parcel is present, such owner may elect to cast the vote allocated to the parcel. If there is more than one owner/tenant present, such owners/tenants shall decide among themselves how such vote shall be cast. Fractional voting shall not be permitted.
8. Board of Directors
a. Responsibilities of Directors - Subject to the provisions and limitations of these bylaws and applicable law, the Association’s activities and affairs shall be managed, and all Association powers shall be exercised, by or under the direction of the Board
b. Number of Directors - The Board of Directors shall consist of five (5) members, a Chair, a Vice-Chair, a Secretary, a Treasurer, and Member At Large. In addition to such duties as may be assigned by the Board, each position is responsible for the following:
§ Chair - The Chair shall coordinate the activities of the Board, supervise the Association, and act as the interface/liaison for the Association with the City of Davis and other organizations/associations.
§ Vice-Chair - The Vice-Chair shall perform the duties of the Chair in the Chair’s absences or in the event of his/her inability to act.
§ Secretary - The Secretary shall conduct the correspondence of the Association, issue notices of and keep minutes of all meetings of the Association, and be custodian of Association records.
§ Treasurer - The Treasurer shall collect all membership dues and shall have the care and custody of all the funds and property of this Association, which shall be disbursed by him/her only upon the order of the Board of Directors. He/she shall submit a financial statement for the most recently completed fiscal year to the annual meeting of the members and all other appropriate financial statements as directed by the Board of Directors. He/she shall deposit all funds in the name of the Association in such bank or banks as designated by the Board of Directors.
c. Election and Term of Office - Directors shall serve terms of one year, beginning at the annual meeting of the members at which they are elected. Directors shall hold office until the next annual meeting at which Directors are elected, and until a successor has been selected.
d. Qualifications - All Directors shall be Residents of the Neighborhood.
e. Meetings of Board - Regular meetings of the board shall be held at least quarterly during the year. At least five (5) days written notice of any meeting of the Board shall be given by mail, personal delivery, telephone, or email to each Director and to the owner or resident of each parcel of real property in the Wildhorse East Neighborhood. Notices shall state the purpose of the meeting. Under extraordinary circumstances requiring prompt action by the Association, the Chair may call a meeting of the Board with less notice. All meetings of the board shall be open to all members of the Association.
f. Quorum - At any meeting of the Board of Directors, the presence in person of three of the five members of the Board of Directors shall constitute a quorum.
g. Vacancies - A vacancy on the Board shall exist on the occurrence of the following: (a) the death, resignation, or move out of the neighborhood of any Director; (b) the declaration by resolution of the Board of a vacancy in the office of a Director who has been absent for three consecutive meetings. Vacancies on the board may be filled by majority vote of the Board.
a. Block Party Committee - The Block Party Committee shall organize block parties and other social events for all residents of the neighborhood, to be held at least once each year.
b. Wildhorse Horse Ranch Committee - TBD.
c. Other Committees - The Board may from time to time establish other committees as may be appropriate to carry on the work of the Association
d. Committee Membership - Committee membership shall be open to all members of the Association.
10. Amendments - The bylaws of this Association may be amended or revised by a unanimous vote of the Board of Directors, or by a two-thirds vote of members present at a meeting of the members, provided that the notice of the meeting contains a summary of the proposed amendment or amendments.