TALK is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Our Federal Non-Profit ID# (or EIN) is 68-0281455.
Our By-Laws stipulate the structure, organization and governance we abide with.
The Board of Directors is entirely composed of parents with children currently in the program. The Board handles:
- teacher recruitment, hiring, training and compensation
- program marketing and advertising
- liaison with the Davis Art Center, the Davis Joint Unified School District, and individual school sites
- liaison with parents
The Job Descriptions document delineates the tasks of Officers, Site Representatives and Teachers.
BOARD MEMBERS: here is the Reimbursement Form for TALK expenses.
As a registered 501(c)3, contributions to our program are tax-deductible charitable contributions to the extent permitted by law.
We also accept donations of supplies! The following are some of the items we would gladly accept:
- clean, organized craft supplies (especially felt, stickers, fabric, children's scissors, erasers, closed pencil sharpeners)
- small toys which can be used as classroom rewards (happy meal toys, toy cars, etc)
- a large doll house (which can be used in lesson plans about houses, parts of a house, members of a family, furniture, etc)
- toy plastic food or animals
- bilingual books and flash cards
- CDs of children's songs in Spanish or French
Current wish list:
- La Vaca que Decía Oink, by Bernard Most, ISBN 978-1880507667, $7.19 on Amazon
- Let's Learn French Coloring Book, by Anne-Françoise Pattis, ISBN 978-0071421416, $6.30 on Amazon
- Spanish Champs kits, $58.50-$116.45, through www.spanishchamps.com
- Little Pim French Teacher's Kit, $99.99, through www.littlepim.com
- Spanish alphabet stamps (with the tilde and the accents), $14.95 on Amazon