Welcome to DCN's Community Group Site
This is the Davis Community Network's community group site.
DCN uses this site to provide simple, easily maintained web sites for Davis-area non-profit organizations.
If your group would benefit from such a web site, visit the DCN's Resource Allocation Committee web pages for information on the application process.
For documentation on editing and enhancing your SimpleSite, visit the Help Center.
- Chinese Language Program Boosters
- Chinese Language Program (CLP) Boosters is a parent support group for DJUSD's Chinese Language Program.
- Davis Boy Scout Troop 466
- Troop 466 is affiliated with Golden Empire Council of the Boy Scouts of America and is open to boys in 6th - 12th grades (around ages 11 - 17).
- Davis Girl Scouts
- Davis Girl Scouts is affiliated with Heart of Central California Council of Girl Scouts of the U.S.A. and is open to girls from kindergarten - 12th grades (around ages 5 - 17).
- Davis High School Band Boosters
- The Davis High School Band Boosters support the activities of the high school bands program
- Davis History
- On-line archive of Davis, California history materials.
- Davis PARENTS DO
- Welcome. We are parents who seek to educate Davis adults about the realities of drug and alcohol use by our youth.
- Davis Senior High School Football (Blue Devils)
- Home of the Davis High School Blue Devil Football program, of Davis, California.
- Davis Tennis Club
- The Davis Tennis Club (DTC) is a non-profit organization who's mission is to encourage participation in tennis at all ages and ability levels by sponsoring instructional, social and team-based programs that are open to all.
- DEH Band page
- General information regarding Emerson/DaVinci and Holmes Jr High Bands - Always a work in progress.
- DHS Madrigal Singers has a new website go to: http://www.davismadrigals.com
- The Davis High School Madrigals are an auditioned group of 32 high school sophomores, juniors and seniors from Davis, California, USA who perform a wide variety of music dating from the 15th century to the present. Formed in 1966, this highly accomplished class demands the best of these young musicians’ talents. Each Madrigal designs their own costume interpreting the dress of the upper class of late 15th through mid-16th century England.
- India Association of Davis (IAD)
- IAD is a non-profit social and cultural organization established in Davis by people of of Asian Indian origins, with membership open to all.
- Old North Davis (OND) History
- History of the Old North neighborhood of Davis, California
- Progress Ranch
- for boys 6-12
- Researching Davis History
- Guidelines for researching the history of Davis, California.
- Saving California Communities
- United Voices for Strong, Healthy Communities
- Senior Moments
- Welcome to the Senior group, which gathers once a month at CBH for a program and a bag lunch, or we will carpool to places of interest in the area and try a nearby restaurant. We encourage sharing of experiences and ideas, both for our own learning and to benefit others. Although our group is just over one year old, we have already formed new friendships and solidified old friendships. One of our goals is to provide support and social interaction to those who would welcome these opportunities. For more information or for transportation, please call Joyce- 753-5255 or Fred- 668-8827.
- Sierra Club Seniors
- A Sierra Club Activities Section. We have many different outings, from docent-led museum and gallery tours to challenging Sierra hikes.
- SKIES Special Kids in Educational Settings
- Welcome to SKIES. We are a parent support group located in Davis, California.
- the hive
- Explore the honey of our existence by visiting the hive. Art events, lectures and information related to the honey bee.
- The Spare Changer
- Join us as we explore the concerns of the sheltered and unsheltered poor as well as the insights and recommendations of social services providers seeking solutions. Monthly themes range from Affordable Housing to Causes and Common Misconceptions About The Homeless to Living Paycheck to Paycheck to Disenfranchisement From Mainstream Society to Homelessness By Choice to Quality of Life infractions... and more. Often submissions to The Spare Changer are penned by long time members of the homeless community, yet many are not. Some articles are actually a compendium of questionnaire responses while others are verbatim dictations of comments expressed by the sheltered and unsheltered poor blessed with compassion if not with polished writing skill. Still other articles and entries are submitted by administrators and volunteers of non-profits and governmental agencies with a mandate to ease the strain of those of us living on a fixed budget or no budget at all. "There but for the grace of God go I" emerges as the one common thread you will see underlying their motivation to work so hard in meeting the challenges of the marginally served.
- The Unofficial Davis Scrabble Club welcomes you!
- The Unofficial Davis Scrabble Club hosts Scrabble games, year-round, in Davis, California.
- The Woodland Tree Foundation
- The Woodland Tree Foundation is a non-profit group of volunteers dedicated to improving Woodland through the planting of trees. Our motto is 'Building Community Through Canopy'
- University Farm Circle (UFC)
- Connecting Campus and Community through Scholarship, Enrichment and Friendship
- Welcome to Central Park Gardens in Davis, California
- Come visit our volunteer-managed demonstration garden devoted to sustainable gardening!
- Welcome to Yolo Community Foundation!
- Founded in 2001 by a group of community-minded individuals throughout Yolo County, Yolo Community Foundation (YCF) promotes philanthropy by serving as a public foundation through which: 1) community members pursue their own charitable goals; 2) local nonprofits benefit from YCF programs and events; and 3) youth learn the meaning of community involvement and service. As a community foundation, we lead the campaign to create a county-wide culture of service and giving.
- Wildhorse East Neighborhood Association
- Serving the people who make east Wildhorse great!
- Willett Garden of Learning
- The goal of the Willett Garden program is to foster an understanding and appreciation of gardening through hands-on gardening projects and informative, fun lessons with background about gardening topics, such as understanding plant types, soil, weed control, and composting. Projects may include plant-based crafts, but the overall focus is on appreciating that our food comes from plants growing.
- YC PAWS
- Yolo County Pet Animal Welfare Society
- Yolo Compassionate Friends
- Yolo Compassionate Friends is the local chapter of an international support organization for families that have experienced the death of a child.
DCN does not edit group sites. Site titles, descriptions and contents are the responsibility of the participating organizations.